Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pitt Cake! Best Wishes Kiley!



My mom asked me to make this special cake for a colleague of hers who attended Pitt Law School and has recently accepted an employment position with the University of Pittsburgh. In my mind champagne is a great way to celebrate any promotion or any occasion- however drinking at work- not such a great idea. Haha! Therefore, my second best option- A champagne flavored frosting!
The crest on the top of the cake was made of fondant and hand painted. This was my favorite part of making the cake And the most time consuming. The gold was airbrushed for depth. This two layer cake had one layer of chocolate fudge and one layer of classic white. Best wishes to Kiley in all her endeavors! I know your co-workers will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment